Things to See & Do during Winter at Berowra Waters, Hawkesbury River
Thinking of a Sydney winter getaway but the colder weather is putting you off? Well not anymore. Berowra Waters is Sydney’s best kept secret, only 45 mins from Sydney CBD and offers a slice of paradise to all who venture here, summer or winter.
Berowra Waters, located on Berowra Creek which runs off the Hawkesbury River, offers a peaceful and serene location perfect for a relaxing Sydney winter getaway or if you are more active, then there is lots to see and do here.
Our beautiful waterway offers a range of Berowra Waters accommodation to suit all budgets. Most come with kayaks and a tinny to explore the river and some offer stand up paddleboards and fishing rods. A few places even have combustion fire places or gas fire places for that winter romantic weekend.
Here are the top 10 things to see and do when visiting Berowra Waters for a Sydney winter getaway:
For the less active:
1. Long lunch or dinner at Berowra Waters Inn – a degustation menu with matching wine and excellent river views.
2. Hire the Berowra Waters Holidays BBQ Boat for a luxury cruise down the river – perfect for a couple or a family as it can cater for up to eight people.
3. Enjoy a seafood buffet at the Waterview Restaurant – nice and casual offering excellent fresh seafood and great desserts.
4. Take your tinny (if staying at one of the water access only accommodation options) and explore the numerous bays, coves and river beaches.
5. Enjoy a river taxi ride to Brooklyn and enjoy a lunch at Estuary Restaurant offering a la carte menu and excellent river views
For the more active:
6. Take a hike along the Great North Walk – Towards Cowan for spectacular river views or towards Crosslands for excellent picnic spots
7. Enjoy a guided kayak tour exploring the mangroves,hidden beaches. waterfalls , aboriginal midens and rock art.
8. Organise a guided fishing trip to find the catch of the day
9. Book a walking tour and learn about the history of the Hawkesbury River and it’s people
10. What about a personal yoga class at your water access only accommodation – a beautiful and serene setting, perfect for getting in tune with your body.
Winter time on the river doesn’t mean you have to stay indoors. The sun is shining during the day and with the right attire and attitude a Sydney winter getaway at Berowra Waters is a perfect choice.